Pyrogel, GR 100 - 4 oz Tube
Wide Temperature Range Ultrasonic Couplant
Pyrogel® is a broad temperature range couplant for thickness gauging, flow metering, acoustic emissions testing and flaw detection/sizing. These products contain no polymers and resists drying, making them an excellent choice for long term flow metering applications.
Pyrogel comes in two different viscosities, Pyrogel 7 which is a very thin, flowable liquid and Pyrogel 100 which is a thick gel.
Pyrogel 7 recommended temperature range is -50 to 730°F / -45 to 388°C.
Pyrogel 100 recommended temperature range is -50 to 805°F / -45 to 429°C.
- Broadest temperature range
- Non-drying for long-term coupling or extended inspection time
- Good choice for long-term flow metering
- Excellent long-term corrosion inhibition
- Pyrogel 100 clings well to vertical and overhead surfaces
Defect location: subsurface
- Flaw detection
- Thickness gauging
- Acoustic emission testing
- Corrosion testing
- Long-term flow metering
- High temperature ultrasonic testing
- Power generation boilers
- Transmission pipes
- Pressure vessels
- Pipes, tubular goods, casing and connections
- Low temperature locations
- Long-term coupling
NDT Method: Ultrasonic Testing
Required Equipment: UT equipment, transducer
- Pyrogel 7: -50 to 730°F / -45 to 388°C
- Pyrogel 100: -50 to 805°F / -45 to 429°C
Compatibility: Most composites and metals
Container Size & Part Number
1 gal / 3.78 L cubitainer 21-901
4 fl oz / 118 mL tube 24-T04
1 gal / 3.78 L cubitainer 24-901