Magnaflux 14AM Fluorescent Particles - 10.5 oz. Aerosol
Magnaflux MAGNAGLO 14AM Wet Method Fluorescent Particles
14AM is a highly sensitive oil-based magnetic particle suspension for locating very fine discontinuities in critical parts. 14AM provides clear, bright, fluorescent green indications under ultra-violet light for excellent inspection quality and accuracy.
14AM is a ready-to-use mixture of 14A particles and an oil-based carrier (Carrier II). 14AM is sprayed onto magnetized parts prior to inspection. It is used to detect cracks and seams, as well as inclusions, laps, tears and flakes. 14AM is capable of detecting flaws that are open to the surface of the part, or slightly sub-surface. Parts tested can be forgings, welds, castings, and stamped or machined ferromagnetic materials, such as steel and other alloys of iron, nickel, and cobalt. Using 14AM may eliminate the need for an additional corrosion inhibitor step. The fluorescent particles in 14A collect where the magnetic field is interrupted, and glow under ultraviolet (UV) lighting.
- Clear, bright indications under ultra-violet light
- Convenient aerosol package
- High sensitivity
- Easy post-testing clean up
- Excellent fluorescent contrast for quick identification
- Excellent particle mobility
- Good corrosion protection
- Good dispersion stability
- Great concentration consistency
- Superior surface wetting
- Even surface coverage for higher probability of detection